Monday, October 20, 2008

2008 DEER HUNT

Scott and his brother Chris went hunting this last weekend over in Rockland, Idaho. They left Friday day and came home Saturday night. They had a way good time. Scott really enjoys hunting with Chris. This is some of the terrain they hiked through. Pretty steep is you ask me.



Here is Chris with his bag of sandwiches that his wife made for him. What a lucky guy.


Here is the poor deer, or is it poor Scott for carrying the deer. This was a good sized deer and Scott proudly hauled this thing up a steep hill and then down to the truck. Way to go Scott! That's my husband for you. Hot and tough. I think he got his workout for the month.


Here is his deer hung up in the tree. We put it in our front yard and high enough so animals wouldn't get to it. On Monday on my way out the door to work, I look at the tree and the deer was not hanging there anymore. It kind of freaked me out so I got Scott and this is what we discovered.


Our two neighbors thought it would be hilarious to kidnap Scott's deer and replace it with this stuffed animal. I think it's a kangaroo but it worked. We suspected it was our neighbors so Scott thought it would be funny to have a cop who is in our ward show up with his lights flashing and take pictures and be professional about the whole thing. Well as soon as our neighbor saw the cop car he comes barreling out of his house down the road yelling at Scott "It's alright I took your deer!"

I have to give our neighbors credit, they did a really good job at dressing up this animal. The had a white shirt to represent the white bags wrapped around the meat, blue tape around the belly to represent the strap, and a pencil in between the legs for the stick. Well done Bret and Kent.

It was pretty hilarious, but I think in the end Scott got the last laugh.

11 comments:

Gunnell Fam said...

i'm glad you found me. what a cute little boy you have. how old is he? looks like a good prank between your hunny and neighbors.

AMY said...

Lucky Scott! OK, you have brave neighbors. I would never touch a dead deer, ewww. I'm glad Scott had his fun, are you ready for yours? See you soon.

BrandonKristin said...

You seem to have some fun neighbors up there in Idaho, like the time those "neighbors" left some lipstick, a bra and some panties on Scott's car. I remember hearing about that, those neighbors were sure funny!!! Oh the good ol times-huh?!

lady said...

and Kristin said she couldn't tell the difference between Scott and the deer.....I told her that wasn't very nice. Yea, I've got your back....

BrandonKristin said...

Yeah, doesn't that sound like something I would say? (read the comments on my blog for proof!)Devon is always the jokester. WE miss seeing you guys. When you need to go shopping down here in SLC come stay at our house! I will watch Dax for you.

lady said...

Kristin when you say "WE miss seeing you guys"...you must mean you and Brandon because I don't miss them. Nope, never have, never will.

OH COME ON YOU GUYS....of course we miss you. Forget SLC....get down here to the border and have some real fun!!!

Unknown said...

congradulations on the deer. How funny the neighbor took it and left a stuffed animal. That was clever of you to have a cop come. Sounds like you have some fun neighbors. love Mom Hyer.

AMY said...

so... I had to leave another comment to see if my picture works

Kendall and Katy said...

I could not stop laughing when Kendall told me what had happened to the deer. We actually saw the culprits out there Sunday night we didn't realize they were up to no good and to show what great neighbors we are.. we drove right on by. I was hoping you do a blog post on it. Too funny a story to pass up. Did you decide what to do with the deer meat?

Tim and Melissa said...

Wow! Pretty impressive. It sounds like you have some fun neighbors too.

Justin and Lacie said...

I do not know who's tongue is hanging out further yours or the deer. Congrats on the hunt, give me a call when you get a chance. I would love to hear how it all shook out.