Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SNOW SHOEING IN JACKSON!

This year for Valentines I did something way out of the ordinary for me. All the girls from the O.R. went on their annual snow shoeing trip. This year was my first. Well at least the snow shoeing part. I went last year but Dax was only two months old, so I stayed in the cabin with him. This year was in Jackson right across from the elk refuge. We had such a blast. Friday night entailed playing Apples to Apples, eating as much junk food as we wanted to and laughing till our bellies hurt, or was it the food. Either way we had a great time.


This is Trish and I a little ways into the trip. We went to the Teton National park up by Bradley Lake.
As you can see we started bundled up and about a half mile into it we all started shedding clothes.

This is Becky and I. Her and Trish I got the most kick out of this trip. They were hilarious!


Here's the final picture on the lake. A small storm was starting to roll in. It was a very gorgeous hike. This is where we ate our lunch and then started back. I've already started my count down for next year. Snow shoeing here I come.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! How fun. Good for you to go. I love girl outings. Which makes me think of planning one. We should do that.

Kendall and Katy said...

Looks like and awesome time! I am glad you had a great time. Gorgeous views!

Heidi said...

How fun!! I've never been snow shoeing, but it looks like a good time.

paulak said...

Fun!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Hi Athena! Found your blog from Katie's! Snow shoeing..... super jealous, I would love to get into that sport/hobby. Well it's good to see you have a blog, and hope you don't mind if I check it occasionaly!

Heidi said...

Hey - I made my blog private so you need to e-mail me your e-mail address so that I can invite you to view it! My e-mail is darlingdidi@yahoo.com