Monday, September 15, 2008

FAMILY CAMPING


In August we went camping with Scott's family to Mormon Bend Campground just outside of Stanley, Idaho. Like always, we had a really great time. A lot of work goes into it all, but once we get up there and situated we're able to just relax and enjoy each others company. This was Dax's first camping experience and besides not sleeping at night he did awesome. It gets really cold up there at night. Even Scott and I froze. During the day when it was warmer we fished, floated the river, soaked in the hot pots, played cards till late at night, ate good food and visited Stanley Lake. In years past we've always gone to Red Fish Lake so we decided to go to Stanley Lake this year. It is so pretty up there, the scenery is amazing.

Our tent is kind of scary looking. We started out in the grass but then the camp manager said we had to move since the tents can only go on the tent designated area, so we moved to the black top. With no place to tack down our tent we jimmy rigged it to the trees. Pretty sad looking. We're just glad it didn't blow away.

Maddex enjoyed pulling Dax around in the wagon, Baylee and Addison enjoyed the water and playing in the dirt. Overall we had a great time and look forward to going next year.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

AMY said...

It sounds like fun, even for a family reunion... well, I guess except for sleeping on cement :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

YEAH! I am sooo glad that you left a comment on my blog cause I had no idea that you had a blog!!@!!
HOW In the world are you guys!!! Your little Dax is sooo cute! I am adding you to my blog list!!! IF you guys are in town(UTAH) we are making a trip next week for JOn Call's wedding! We are having a get together with a bunch of friends on the 24th, let me know if you can make it! WE'd love to see ya and your little boy!

Tim and Melissa said...

Looks like lots of fun! Dax is such a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

can I just say.....I love camping. We don't do a lot of it here in TX, but I would like to do more; thing is we don't have mountains:(. someday:)

Kendall and Katy said...

Hey Athena! I have tagged you! Check out my blog.