Saturday, November 1, 2008

GO BATTY!

For Halloween Dax was a little bat. He was so adorable and he left his hat on the whole time. He loved it.




This was Dax's first Halloween. We had a full day. We canned applesauce in the morning. Dax took a nap and I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We visited my work, Scott's work, Scott's mom's work and Scott's brother Chris's work. Crystal, my sister-in-law came with me. Her two little girls were way cute as well. Later that night we put our tattoos on our pumpkins. We opted for the tattoos because Scott thinks that carving pumpkins stinks. He can't stand the smell and I figured Dax has many more years to come of being able to feel the goo inside the pumpkins. We also had our ward party that night, with chili and cinnamon rolls, with a trunk or treat at the end. To wrap up the day we visited Scott's Aunt Elaine, his grandparents and then his parents. Dax was hammered by the night but I think overall he had a great day. Oh except he did puke three times that day. Still happy though. He's such a good boy. We love him.

These two pictures were taken at Scott's moms house at nine o'clock. All of the kids were already in their pj's and had to get back in their costumes. They were not the most cooperative or the happiest. But say cheese. Happy Halloween.









Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

AMY said...

his pictures turned out great! very cute costume. you've got to talk scott into carving pumpkins next year. it's really fun to light them at night.

i'm glad you got to make applesauce. it's so yummy!

BrandonKristin said...

he looks so cute in his costume! Love it!

So how hard was it to make applesauce, can you share the directions and ingredients?

paulak said...

That's the cutest bat I have ever seen. That is a full day. Scott, you pansy...pumpkins don't stink. But I will admit, Carl doesn't get into the pumpkin carving either. hey, you guys should just think of it like you are gutting your kill for hunting season...its all the same gooiness.

Holly said...

I've never seen a bat before... too cute. He is one cute kid! I can't wait to see him someday! How weird that I've never seen him.

Unknown said...

Oh Athena he is a little doll. He looks so cute in his costume. I wish I lived closer it would have been fun to have him come trick or treating out home. Love ya tons mom

Tim and Melissa said...

What a darling little bat! I love your cute pumpkins too. Too bad he was puking that day, but he sure looks adroable - as with mom and dad too!!

Heidi said...

His halloween pictures were so cute! My boys carried it around all day, pointing out baby Dax to everyone who stopped by. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

He is seriously the cutest kid! MIss you guys! Glad you had a great halloween!

The Robison Daily said...

How's it going up in Idaho. I connected to your blog off of Natalie's. Looks like you guys are doing great and your little boy is getting big. Your still missed in the OR down here and on the softball team. I think we had one win this year. Take care

Amy said...

Hi....Dax is so very adorable and looks a lot like his daddy. Cute blog...See ya at the gym